Spousal Sponsorship

Family  Reunification is the Primary Goal of Canadian Immigration. Permanent Residence through Family Class has been designed in this regard.  

Check your eligibility by taking up our Free Assessment NOW!

Spousal Sponsorship is one of the major streams operating through the Family Class. Eligible Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents can sponsor their spouses, common-law partners or dependent children to become Permanent Residents of Canada. 

This is a 2-step process, where the both the sponsor as well as the sponsored person (applicant) must be eligible. To sponsor your spouse, common-law partner or dependent children, you must be able to satisfy the following criteria:

  1. Be at least 18 years old. 
  2. Be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada. 
  3. Should not be receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability. 
  4. Prove that you are able to provide for the basic needs of the person you want to sponsor. 

Inside Canada Sponsorship:

This may be followed if the sponsored person lives with the sponsor in Canada, either as a Visitor, Student or Worker. Applicants applying for Sponsorship inside Canada are eligible for an Open Work Permit while they wait for their PR Application to be processed. This is an initiative that was introduced as a Pilot Program in the year 2014, and has been extended time and again owing to it huge success. 

Outside Canada Sponsorship:

All applications for spouses residing outside Canada are processed in the Visa Office specific to their country of residence. The eligibility requirements are basically the same, however there may be a vast difference in the type of supporting documents required for the application. Spousal applicants who are outside Canada are not eligible to apply for a Work Permit through the Pilot Program. 

Dependent Children Sponsorship

If you are a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident, you may be eligible to sponsor your dependent child for Permanent Residence to Canada. Dependent children must be either:

  1. Below 22 years of age and not have a spouse or common-law partner or
  2. 22 years and older and has been significantly depending on parental financial support since before the age of 22 because of a physical or mental condition. 

Still Have A Question? Book a Consultation with our Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC)