In Canada, each Province has different requirements for Trade Certification. It is not easy to get this certification done from outside Canada, and therefore, this stream of Express Entry is most often accessed by applicants who are already inside Canada, or by those who have a Job Offer from an employer.
Unlike the Skilled Worker category, the IRCC has placed a cap on the number of Immigrants that Canada may accept in one year through this category. A maximum of 3000 applications are accepted each year through the Federal Skilled Trades Class.
What is the eligibility criteria for this stream?
- Language – The required language ability for this stream is CLB 5 for Speaking and Listening and CLB 4 for Reading and Writing.
- Work Experience – An eligible candidate must have at least 2 years of full-time experience or an equivalent continuous part-time experience during the past 5 years.
- Must have a Certificate of Qualification in the said trade, or a full-time job offer from a Canadian employer for a period of at least one year.
How can I show Proof Of Funds for Permanent Residence?
To apply for PR in Canada under the Federal Skilled Worker category, Proof Of Funds have to be shown. Amount of funds required depends on family size. For the current year (2020) details: Click here
Number of family members is inclusive of the Principal Applicant and all accompanying and non-accompanying family members.
Accepted Proof Of Funds:
- Funds should be readily available.
- Cannot be borrowed.
- Funds must be available when the PR visa is issued.
- Proof of funds may be shown as Bank Statements or in a official letter from your Bank.