IMMIGRATE THROUGH THE ALBERTA IMMIGRANT NOMINEE PROGRAM (AINP)
Alberta is an incredibly beautiful “Prairie Province” in Canada. It is crude rich, and is home to over 600 lakes. It is the second most popular Immigration destination in Western Canada, and many immigrants over the years have been choosing Alberta owing to the following benefits:
- Cost Effective life.
- Affordable Housing.
- No provincial health-care premiums and all Albertans are entitled to complete coverage from day 1 of living in the province.
- No provincial sales tax (Other provinces pay upto 10%)
- Tax rebates and credits to further help with your finances.
- Alberta is home to 26 high-class universities and colleges.
- Excellent public transport system.
- Endless job opportunities.
The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) is an Immigration pathway to Permanent Residence in Canada, and has been designed for eligible individuals who would like to move to Alberta Permanently. You can apply to the AINP through any one of the following streams:
- Alberta Express Entry
- Alberta Opportunity Stream
- Self Employed Farmer Stream
ALBERTA EXPRESS ENTRY:
Candidates who have an active profile in the Express Entry pool, have more than 300 points and have expressed interest to settle permanently in Alberta may be nominated through the Alberta Express Entry Stream. Once the nomination is received, the applicant will receive 600 additional Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points and an Invitation to Apply. The following factors may increase your likelihood of receiving a nomination:
- A Job Offer from an Employer in Alberta
- Previous/current work experience in Alberta
- A Diploma/Degree/Certificate from a Canadian Post Secondary Institution
- A close relative in Alberta (Parent or Siblings only)
ALBERTA OPPORTUNITY STREAM (AOS):
This is designed for applicants already in Alberta and all requirements must be met at the time of application submission and approval. The eligibility criteria of the Alberta Opportunity Stream are as follows:
- The applicant must be in Alberta on a valid work permit.
- The applicant must be working in an eligible occupation.
- Language requirements must be met pertaining to the Primary NOC.
- Must have completed a minimum of high school education.
- Must have accumulated a total of 12 months full-time experience in the last 18 months, or, a total of 24 months experience in the last 30 months in the current occupation. The experience may be a combination of work experience gained in Alberta, in Canada (outside Alberta) or abroad.
- Must have a full-time job offer from an Alberta employer, which should be supported by an LMIA where required.
PGOWP Holders who are graduates of a Post-Secondary Institution in Alberta:
If you are a graduate of a Post-Secondary Institution in Alberta, you may be eligible to apply for Alberta Nomination through the opportunity stream if you have a valid Post-Graduate Open Work Permit. You may be eligible to apply after 6 months of Full-Time experience. The experience must be related to your field of study in Alberta.
SELF EMPLOYED FARMER STREAM:
This stream is reserved for farmers who have adequate experience and those who can demonstrate a capacity of operating a farm in Alberta. This includes proof of funds and a detailed plan on how you would like to own and operate a farm in Alberta.