Want to check your eligibility for immigration to Canada?
To get a Free Assessment done, click below
The province of Alberta held its first draw for the year 2021 on the 08th of January, 2021, and issued invitations to 50 candidates through the Alberta Express Entry Stream. Candidates invited to apply in this draw were required to have a valid Express Entry Profile with a CRS score of at least 406. This is the first draw by the province since June 2020, where the Government of Alberta had decided to stop issuing Notifications of Interest after having invited only 4000 candidates for the year 2020, as opposed to the allowed 6250 nominations due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
To be eligible to receive a Notification of Interest from Alberta, you must satisfy the following criteria:
- Have an active profile in the Express Entry Pool.
- Have stated an interest in immigrating permanently to Alberta.
- Be working in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification.
- Have a minimum CRS score of 300.
In addition to the above mandatory criteria, the following adaptability factors will help increase your chances of receiving a nomination.
- You are currently working or have pervious work experience in Alberta
- You are a graduate of a Canadian post – secondary institution
- You have a parent or sibling who is a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident living in Alberta.
It is still unclear as to how many nominations Alberta is planning to issue for the year 2021, however, it has definitely been a good start for immigration in the province.
Worried about your low CRS Scores? Try the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program. Don’t miss out on an opportunity to be a part of the few nominated candidates. Contact us today!!!